Ten Sheryl Sandberg Quotes from her 2017 Virginia Tech keynote speech.
In her keynote address, Sheryl Sandberg talked about the importance of collective resilience to the gathered. Here is the best 10 Sheryl Sandberg quotes on resilience from her keynote speech at Viriginia Tech.
Sheryl Sandberg is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Facebook and the Founder of Lean In Foundation, a non profit organisation. She had earlier served as the India division health team & research assistant at World Bank.
Best 10 Sheryl Sandberg Quotes on Resilience
1. The most important thing I learned is that we are not born with a certain amount of resilience. It is a muscle, and that means we can build it.
2. I know you are suffering and I am here with you’ can kick a very ugly elephant out of any room.
3. My favourite kind of hope is called grounded hope – the understanding that if you take action, you can make things better.
4. You don’t have to wait for someone to tell you exactly what they need. And you do not have to be someone’s best friend from the first grade to show up.
5. Build resilient organisations. Speak up when you see injustice. Lend your time and your passion to the causes that matter.
6. People who take the time to focus on the things they are grateful for are happier and healthier.
7. When tragedy or disappointment strike, know that deep inside you, you have the ability to get through anything.
8. No more jokes about growing old. Every year, every moment – even in the pouring rain – is an absolute gift.
9. On the path before you, you will have good days and you will have hard days. Go through all of them together. Seek shared experiences with all kinds of people.
10. Above all, find gratitude for the gift of life itself and the opportunities it provides for meaning, for joy, and for love.
Image Credit: Tech Crunch