Read here 10 best Anna Sewell Quotes. These quotes are from her 1877 best seller novel, Black Beauty. Other than teaching animal welfare, Black Beauty has full of life lesson thoughts and quotes. It also teaches us how to treat people with kindness, sympathy, and respect.
Anna Sewell was born on 30th March 1820 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. She died on 25th April 1878, just after five months of Black Beauty’s publication. But the novel, coming under Children’s genre, was an immediate best seller.
Let’s go to the Best Anna Sewell Quotes. As already told, all these quotes are from her above novel.
Ten Best Anna Sewell Quotes
1. “Where we saw people who loved their neighbours, and were kind to man and beast, we might know that was God’s mark.”
2. “We shall all have to be judged according to our works, whether they be towards man or towards beast.”
3. “We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words.”
4. V4Livin’s Pick.
“There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to man and beast, it is all a sham.”
5. “My troubles are all over, and I am at home; and often before I am quite awake, I fancy I am still in the orchard at Birtwick, standing with my old friends under the apple-trees.”
6. “My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
7. “It is good people who make good places.”
8. “If we could act a little more according to common sense, and a good deal less according to fashion, we should find many things work easier.”
9. “I am never afraid of what I know.”
10. “Do your best wherever it is, and keep up your good name.”
Enjoyed the above Best Anna Sewell Quotes? Please drop in comments.