Guru Nanak Gurpurab is fast approaching. To celebrate this event, V4Livin has picked 10 spiritual quotes of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Fill your soul with spirituality.
All Sikhs in the world celebrate the birth day of their first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak, as Guru Nanak Gurpurab or Guru Nanak Jayanti. It’s in the full-moon day during October-November that is normally after Diwali festival celebrations.
This day is the most sacred day among the Sikh Community. Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the founder of Sikhism and obviously he is the first among the 10 Sikh Gurus. His life period is during 1469 – 1539.
Guru Granth Sahib is the holy book of Sikhs. The first chapter of Guru Granth Sahib consists a set of poem by Guru Nanak Dev Ji. This holy book is first compiled in 1604 by Guru Arjan Dev, the fifth Sikh Guru.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the messenger of peace. He spent all of his life to spread peace, love and brotherhood.
We all celebrate world peace day every year internationally. Merely celebration is not enough. We should learn from greatest religious innovators like Guru Nanak Dev Ji to know the real meaning of peace.
Now time to fill your soul with some spiritual thoughts. Read and share the below 10 spiritual quotes of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
Best 10 Spiritual Quotes of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
1. “Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the Messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.” – Guru Nanak Dev
2. “One cannot comprehend Him through reason, even if one reasoned for ages.” – Guru Nanak Dev
3. “Realisation of Truth is higher than all else. Higher still is truthful living.” – Guru Nanak Dev
4. “I am neither male nor female, nor am I sexless. I am the Peaceful One, whose form is self-effulgent, powerful radiance.” – Guru Nanak Dev
5. “That one plant should be sown and another be produced cannot happen; whatever seed is sown, a plant of that kind even comes forth.” – Guru Nanak Dev
6. “Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.” – Guru Nanak Dev
7. “Conquer your mind and conquer the world.” – Guru Nanak Dev
8. “The True One was there from time immemorial. He is there today and ever there you will find. He never died nor will he ever die. Look within, you will see Him there enshrined.” – Guru Nanak Dev
9. “If the people use the wealth bestowed on them by God for themselves alone or for treasuring it, it is like a corpse. But if they decide to share it with others, it becomes sacred food.” – Guru Nanak Dev
10. “Before becoming a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh or a Christian, let’s become a Human first.” – Guru Nanak Dev
Image Credit: Jason Baker