In addition to our special quote section for International Mountain Day Celebration, this time yet another set of quotes called Sir Edmund Hillary Inspirational Quotes. Get inspired and conquer new heights in life.
On 29 May 1953, Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, two low profile and down to earth people became first to scale Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak. Hillary was a New Zealand mountaineer, explorer, and philanthropist.
Sir Edmund Hillary Inspirational Quotes
1. “You don’t have to be a hero to accomplish great things. You can just be an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals.”
2. “You don’t have to be intellectually bright to be a competent leader.”
3. “With practice and focus, you can extend yourself far more than you ever believed possible.”
4. “While on top of Everest, I looked across the valley towards the great peak Makalu and mentally worked out a route about how it could be climbed. It showed me that even though I was standing on top of the world, it wasn’t the end of everything. I was still looking beyond to other interesting challenges.”
5. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.”
6. “Nothing can replace courage, a resounding motivation and that little bit of luck.”
7. “No one remembers who climbed Mount Everest the second time.”
8. “Mount Everest, you beat me the first time, but I’ll beat you the next time because you’ve grown all you are going to grow… but I’m still growing!”
9. “Motivation is the single most important factor in any sort of success.”
10. “Life’s a bit like mountaineering. Never look down.”
Similar: 15 Inspirational John Muir Quotes
More Mountain Day Quotes | International Mountain Day – December 11th.
11. “It’s not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”
12. “When you go to the mountains, you see them and you admire them. In a sense, they give you a challenge, and you try to express that challenge by climbing them.”
13. “I will come again & conquer you because as a mountain you can’t grow, but as a human, I can.”
14. “I think it all comes down to motivation. If you really want to do something, you will work hard for it.”
15. “I have discovered that even the mediocre can have adventures and even the fearful can achieve.”
16. “I have never regarded myself as a hero, but Tenzing undoubtedly was.”
17. “Human life is far more important than just getting to the top of a mountain.”
18. “Environmental problems are really social problems anyway. They begin with people as the cause and end with people as the victims.”
19. “Challenge is what makes men. It will be the end when men stop looking for new challenges.”
20. “As a youngster I was a great dreamer, reading many books of adventure and walking lonely miles with my head in the clouds.”
Enjoyed the above Sir Edmund Hillary Inspirational Quotes? Please leave your comments.