We are celebrating International Day of Persons with Disabilities on December 3 every year. The below Fifteen quotes, Disabilities – Inspiring Quotes, are meant to inspire disabled peoples to pursue their dreams in life.
International Day of Persons with Disabilities is an annual event by UN and celebrated around the world since 1992. The main purpose of this celebration is to promote an understanding of disability issues, mobilise and extend support for the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities.
Some Facts About Disabilities: Every 1 out of 7 person has some form of disability and most of them are from developing countries. The total number of disabled people will come more than 1 billion all over the world. There are around 100 million disabled children in this world. We cannot ignore the fact that children with disabilities are almost four times more likely to experience violence than non-disabled children.
Disability is not limited to physical disability. Blindness, speech and language disorders, mental health, memory loss, chronic illness, learning disability, autism etc. are coming under this. Here is our disabilities – inspiring quotes.
Disabilities – Inspiring Quotes and Thoughts
- “There is a plan and a purpose, a value to every life,no matter what its location, age, gender or disability.” – Sharron Angle
- “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”- Scott Hamilton
- “Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
- “Courage is the greatest of all the virtues. Because if you haven’t courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
- “When you hear the word ‘disabled,’ people immediately think about people who can’t walk or talk or do everything that people take for granted. Now, I take nothing for granted. But I find the real disability is people who can’t find joy in life and are bitter.” -Teri Garr
- “What I learned was that these athletes were not disabled, they were superabled. The Olympics is where heroes are made. The Paralympics is where heroes come.” – Joey Reiman
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi
- “My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit as well as physically.” – Stephen Hawking
- “Life is all about balance. Since I have only one leg, I understand that well.” – Sandy Fussell, Shaolin Tiger
- “I’m officially disabled, but I’m truly enabled because of my lack of limbs. My unique challenges have opened up unique opportunities to reach so many in need.”- Nick Vujicic
- “I choose not to place “DIS”, in my ability.” – Robert M. Hensel
- “I am conscious of a soul-sense that lifts me above the narrow, cramping circumstances of my life. My physical limitations are forgotten- my world lies upward, the length and the breadth and the sweep of the heavens are mine!” – Helen Keller
- “Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.” -Martina Navratilova