Here is another iteration of our World Peace Day Quotes. This time the quotes are exclusively of Mother Teresa. Every year the world celebrates World Peace Day on 21st September; a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace.
The 1979 Nobel Peace Prize winner Mother Teresa (1910–97) was by birth an Albanian but spent most of her life time in India. She got this coveted peace price for devoting her life for the poor people who were living in the slums of Kolkata, formerly Culcutta, in West Bengal. So I believe her thoughts are the best to share on the World Peace Day.
Mother Teresa came to India from Ireland where she had gone to join the Sisters of Loreto at the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary which is a Roman Catholic religious congregation of women. After spending six weeks in Ireland, in 1928, she moved to India to work as a teacher in the order’s school in Calcutta.
In 1946 Mother Teresa left Loreto convent where she was living in Culcutta to help the poorest of the poor in the slums. Later in 1950 she founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman Catholic religious congregation.
Young Agnes Bojaxhiu’s, later Mother Teresa, life blossomed in Skopje and ended in Calcutta. Mother Teresa is now known as Saint Teresa of Culcutta in the Catholic Church as she was canonized on September 4, 2016 by Pope Francis.
You can now read the inspirational and heart warming story of Mother Theresa. Navin Chawla, who was the Chief Election Commissioner of India, deeply influenced by Mother Teresa, authored the best selling biography of her titled Mother Teresa.
Best World Peace Day Quotes – Mother Teresa Peace Quotes
1. “A life not lived for others is not a life.”
2. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”
3. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.”
4. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
5. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
6. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.”
7. “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.”
8. “Spread the love of god through your life but only use words when necessary.”
9. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”
10. If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
Share the message of Peace by sharing the above 10 Best World Peace Day Quotes on World Peace Day.